Wednesday 2 January 2008

The hangover has subsided...

...but only just. 1 o' clock in the afternoon, I have just finished boiled eggs on toast, the first solid food to have passed my lips in something like 48 hours.

After a gig at a local pub in the Borders of Scotland, I spent the rest of "Auld Year's Night" in increasing states of drunkenness until some time after 4 am. New Year's Day was an ill, migraine-ridden write off.

However, looking back at 2007 from the warmth of a mild 2nd of January, I have to say that I am excited to be witnessing the world as it is, and anticipating what may be to come.

With advances in medicine, social technology and the increasing prevalence of the Internet, I can't wait to see what 2008 might bring.

So, if you're capable, charge your glasses once again and toast the New Year and all the change that it will bring.

Cheers!

No comments: